Countdown to Claire's birthday!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 20

We've half-way there. It is amazing, and yet somewhat terrifying, that in only a few months time, baby O will be here. I feel utterly unprepared!

We celebrated our first 'unofficial' father's day two weekends ago. I surprised Ryan with a Wii, which we have both been enjoying immensely. I already know he's going to be a fantastic dad. I just wish the baby were here cause I know he can't wait. He's been so supportive and helpful with everything...he's such a gem.

We've been pretty busy and have been having a lot of baby's first ______. I suppose it doesn't count until the baby actually gets here, but we like to think of the baby doing stuff with us as we do things. For example, we had baby's first boat ride two weekends ago when we were up in Minocqua visiting my parents. The baby has also been to several movies and bike rides. [A funny side note is that I can't wear my padded bike shorts (I know...padded spandex is sooo sexy to begin with) because they're too tight over the 'bump'...hence, my ass always hurts real bad the next day.] The baby has already been to the first Ourada family get-together last weekend at Chickenfest in Darboy at Kelly & Dan's house. Me and Kelly (who's also pregnant) got crazy with an O'Douls. We're hoping in two weekends to have baby's first camping trip up in Door County. We'll have to get a site near the bathrooms since I constantly have to pee!

We're heading back up to Minocqua this weekend to celebrate the Fourth of July with friends & family, and incidentally, our first wedding anniversary. Already have a bottle of NA champagne chilling in the fridge for Sunday! I tell you...my friends are seriously cashing in on having a DD all the time.

In development news...here's the fruit update. The baby is about the size of a banana and is practicing learning how to swallow. My belly is starting to look and feel like I have half a basketball under my skin. I am definitely filling out now. In a week we'll go in for our next ultrasound so we'll have more pictures and news on our little one. Can't wait!

Love, Katie & Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment